Thursday 14 June 2012

Dark Chocolate + Shortbread = Love

My love for chocolate has just reached an all time high after baking these cookies! They are defiantly in the category of "you can't eat just one" and they have that stick to the roof of your mouth goodness about them. I am not a milk drinker myself, but I think these are the type of cookies you would have with a tall glass.

The ingredients list on these shortbread's is short, just the way I like it. All you need is:

1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup dark cocoa powder
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips


The best part of this recipe, besides the fact that you could eat half the bowl of dough before it hits the oven, is that everything is done in the food processor, so very little mess afterwards. One batch made us about 20 cookies or so and I packed over half of them into my freezer for later after they were baked. You can actually double the recipe and freeze half of your dough for future use too if you want to have something ready to pop in the oven last minute. You can find the details on how to bake these on my "Indulgence" Pinterest page or by visiting this blog:

http://theviewfromthegreatisland.blogspot.ca/2011/12/double-dark-chocolate-shortbread.html


What was left of our dough after Superkid and I dug in.

Rolled up after it rested in the fridge for a few hours.
Superkid, who laid all the cookies out on the sheet.




All done!

No comments:

Post a Comment