Friday 1 June 2012

Quick and Easy Friday Night Dinner

Friday's can easily turn into a take-out dinner kind of evening; everyone is tired and wants someone else to do the cooking. Last Friday, that is exactly how I was feeling, but I sucked it up and worked with what I had in the kitchen that would be healthy & fast.

I through some little red potatoes into a baking dish with olive oil and montreal steak spice, lined my cookie sheet with foil and tossed some fresh green beans with olive oil and salt/pepper, and got to work on making a wrap. If you keep chicken/turkey meatballs in the freezer like we do, (I buy PC Blue Menu from Superstore) you always have something quick to heat up and pop into a wrap. Add some fresh greens and Swiss cheese and voila, a nutritious and quick meal with little prep work.

I like to add a little fresh Parmesan to my baked green beans as soon as they come out of the oven, but you can leave that out if your not a fan. Another way to do the potatoes is to omit the montreal steak spice and opt for some fresh garlic and Parmesan. Try different things and mix it up! Enjoy the weekend everyone.


2 comments:

  1. Where do you find all these great recipies?? Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kel! Some of the recipes are things my family has cooked for me, some are from Pinterest and often times I just google and end up on different websites like AllRecipes or food blogs!

    ReplyDelete