Wednesday 13 June 2012

Pumpkin, Pumpkin and more Pumpkin

Recently, I posted about the Pumpkin Mac&Chesse I made for Superkid, and since then I have been using pumpkin a lot for cooking and baking (mainly because of  leftover pumpkin in that giant can you have to buy to make one thing). Nevertheless, I have loved experimenting with it in lots of different dishes.

Two of my new favorite breakfast dishes are Martha Stewart's Pumpkin Pancakes and the Maple Pumpkin Pie Yogurt Parfait. The pancakes are thick but fluffy and real maple syrup makes all the difference, so don't skip on that. The yogurt parfaits are basically pumpkin pie in a glass, without the guilt. They make a great breakfast, dessert or snack.

Maple Pumpkin Pie Yogurt Breakfast Parfait

Superkid making the delicious Sunday Morning Pumpkin Pancakes

Pumpkin Pancakes


I also tried out some Pumpkin muffins but substituted the cup of sugar in the recipe for a cup of artificial sweetener. The muffins turned out good, but I could not get past that aspartame aftertaste, so I would recommend sticking with the regular sugar if you are going to try this one out.

Pumpkin Muffins Pre-Oven
Pumpkin muffins ready to eat!












Recipes can be found with the following links:

 http://www.marthastewart.com/271839/pumpkin-pancakes

http://www.theyummylife.com/maple_pumpkin_parfait





No comments:

Post a Comment