Friday 11 May 2012

Achieving a Goal

Six months ago today I made a promise to myself that I would stop treating my body like a punching bag and start watching what I put in my mouth. What that meant for me, was no more two or three trips a week to McDonalds for BigMc's, or Wendy's to grab a JBC to hold me over until I could get home to eat a meal. No more sending Construction Man out to the store at 9pm during the week for a bag of sour candy, a can of Pepsi and a bag of Doritos either.

On top of that, I traded in my coffee and bagel breakfast for a meal replacement called Body By Vi and vowed to insert more fruit and veggies into meals and snacks for the whole family. Essentially, Body By Vi is a protein shake filled with lots of vitamins that you mix with milk or water and some fruit or flavor packets to suit your taste.

Everybody has to find something that works for them and for me, my shake helped with my sweet cravings since it has flavors like Chocolate Cheesecake and Neopolitan. It is also super quick and easy which is great if you have kids or have to get out the door to work in the morning. I also found it to be extremely fulfilling, I looked forward to having it every morning when I woke up and loved creating new shakes to try during the week.

Does it work for everyone? Well, of course not. Nothing works for everyone, but I know a lot of people who have been successful with it, and more importantly, it did what I wanted it to do; changed my eating habits (not to mention, dropped that 18lbs of BigMc and junkfood off my waistline). Most of the weight I lost in the first 3 months or so, since then I have been maintaining it, which has been going great too.

The next part of my journey is the getting fit part, so I am happy to say my gym pass is purchased and I will be starting some Aqua Zumba classes with a friend of mine next week :) Let's hope I am this enthusiastic about it when I am working my butt off in the pool next Monday night! Either way, today, I am happy that I did something for me, and saw it through like I said I would.





No comments:

Post a Comment