Thursday 17 May 2012

Cruel and Unusual Punishment?! I think so.

In my "Achieving a goal" post a few days ago, I mentioned that I would be starting some Aqua Zumba classes with a friend this week, and I am pleased to report that "Operation Get Fit" has begun!

I managed to get to two classes so far this week and hope to get another one in before the week ends. The first one we went to was the Aqua Zumba class and it was so much fun. There is a great down-South feeling from the music that made me feel like I was on a little vacation and I totally felt happy to be there. The second class I went to was called Belt Up and Boogie Down, and it was a deep water class. This one did not have the fun energy that the previous did, but it was still a great core workout and I can't wait to go back.

Now, lets get to the cruel and unusual punishment side of things, shall we? Note the picture above. Typically not something one wants to see while they are working out, or after they finish a workout, or at all for that matter if you are trying to moderate such things, am I right? Well, after my second class was over, as I was walking up the stairs to exit the building, I notice a poster size DQ ad, similar to the one above, including pictures of the PB Parfait, Banana Split and Chocolate Dip Cones!!!!! I know the Sports Stadium has a DQ, so I totally understand the ad side of things, but placement people.....is it really necessary to put such temptation in the stairwells just after exiting the pool? Let's keep it to the lobby folks. After finishing my workout all I could think about was a Blizzard.....wah, I had advertising:(

Anyways, I'm over it...ok, totally not over it yet. Maybe my Aqua buddy will join forces with me next week and go on a little mission to remove this temptation permanently?? Jenny??

No comments:

Post a Comment