Thursday 31 May 2012

Deep fried bliss

Ok, so I do not own a deep-fryer, for very good reason. If I did, I would be making things like I ate last weekend- deep fried pickles and deep-fried burgers! Yes...an artery clogging, deep fried burger, topped with sour cream and jack chesse. Let me back up a little here...

A good friend of mine was getting ready to leave for the summer, so a few of us got together to grab some drinks and a bite to eat last weekend. We went to a local place known for their burger menu, so naturally, most of us tried something new in that department. Myself of course, chose the ever popular deep-fryer burger. All it is really, is a hamburger and fix-ins covered in a tortilla wrap and flash-fried, then topped with sour-cream and cheese, and let me tell you, it was D-E-L-I-S-H. Mind you, I could only eat close to half of it, since I was also enjoying some french fries and my pickles.

Now, lets get to the pickles. If you like dill, you will love these. Imagine a large spear of pickle, deep fried in a crunchy Italian like batter, along with a ranch like dipping sauce and fresh dill. Sadly, we hoed into the pickles so quickly, I forgot to snap a pic to show you :( I did however, grab a pic of the burger for your viewing pleasure, so without further a due, the deep-fried burger.


No comments:

Post a Comment