Sunday 13 May 2012

Happy Mother's Day

The best gift in the whole wide world is to be a Mom. I have been blessed with the opportunity to be a Stay-At-Home-Mom for the last two plus years and it has been something I cherish more than anything. I owe a lot to my remarkable husband who works so hard so that we can make it work.

So today, on my day to sleep in, I tossed and turned at 7am hearing my family upstairs playing, ready to get up and see what they had in store for me. I must say, I was surprised and thankful for the thought Construction Man put into the day ahead!

I was handed my "itinerary" in bed, and proceeded to check the first things off the list:
  • Open Card from Daddy & Superkid---check
  • Get ready to head to Cora's for Breakfast----check, and may I add, SWEET! 


  • Head to the park for a morning walk in the trails----beautiful! 

**Added bonus- During the walk, Construction man ducks into the woods and pulls out a beautiful bouquet of multi-colored roses he cleverly hid early that morning to surprise me.


 What a great morning, I was sad it had to end, but keeping to my regular Sunday routine, I had to head home and get ready to tutor for the beginning of the afternoon. As soon as that was done, we picked up where we left off. Next on the list:

  • "Lunch in the sun with some alcoholic fun"---we had a good laugh during this so I must explain. Firstly, lunch was great, broccoli salad and a sandwich, simple and delish. Let's get to the alcoholic fun part. Construction Man went to the NSLC and asked the lovely sales lady to help him pick out something summery and fun for me (can you tell he is a non-drinker?). The lovely sales lady, without asking what flavors or alcohol I prefer, simply pointed him in the direction of a Bottle of Mohito. Which would be fabulous, that is, if I didn't have a seriously traumatic experience with Rum when I was 17 and thought I could shoot a quart strait. Good thing we had some spare Sarasota mixed up in the fridge from the previous night to save the day!

Impromptu trip to DQ for Blizzards followed lunch, which we ate bare feet on the dash, in the car, my favorite! Back to the list:

  • "Break & small gift"---intriguing, yes! What did I have in store for me? A bubble-bath, complete with a Lush Bubble Bar, my favorite, a few new magazines to read while in the tub, and chocolate! This could not get any better.
  •   "Supper-no idea yet?!?!" --there is the man I know and love....this was totally fine since we were still filled up from all that 4pm Blizzard Love at DQ.

  • And lastly, "A massage with Lush Massage Bar after Darts" (which he attends on Sunday night every week). I am anxiously awaiting this one!

So, was I spolied? clearly! Surprised? Yes. What a perfect day. The best part was just feeling important and recognized for the job, I try to hard to be perfect at. We all know there is no such thing as an absolutely perfect mom. But, having an amazing child, sure makes you want to try as hard as you can to be just that. Thank you again babe, you outdid yourself xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment