Tuesday 29 May 2012

A healthy Triple Chocolate Muffin? Yes please :)

If you are anything like me, than you LOVE chocolate. I'm talking about the can't get you out of my head, true heart's desire, kind of love. This can obviously be a problem....so when I pinned a recipe for healthy chocolate muffins, I was excited to get in the kitchen.

The only thing I did not enjoy about the recipe, was that it used a cup of sugar substitute, which I am not a fan of, but hey, you win some, you lose some. The rest of the recipe calls for simple, healthy ingredients like apple sauce instead of oil and cocoa powder instead of mounds of actual chocolate. But don't fret, there are a few chocolate chips in the recipe for good measure.

Overall, the taste was pretty great considering the lack of un-healthy ingredients. They were Superkid approved and judging by how fast they were consumed, I believe Construction Man was a fan too. They will definitely be something I make again because they are almost guilt-free for me, and I like that when it comes to my chocolate! Next time you have the urge to bake healthy, give this one a try. The recipe can be found here : http://healthyisalwaysbetter.tumblr.com/post/6583755120/lessthan300kcal-triple-chocolate-chunk-muffin



No comments:

Post a Comment