Tuesday 22 May 2012

Back at er'

Sadly, the long weekend is over and Construction Man is back to work, which means Superkid and I are back to our regular routine. I have to say, with the beautiful weather and fun activities we had planned, we really had the best three day weekend ever!

Saturday, we spent the day in Halifax on the waterfront, which was really fun for Superkid because it was her first time. Sunday, she had her very 1st Ponyride at Hatfield Farms and we went into the Petting Zoo. And yesterday, we spent our last day of the weekend at the Oaklawn Farm Zoo in Aylesford :)

In between all that fun, I also had time to bake a whole bunch which included my Pink Lemonade Layer cake and some cupcakes which were not on my list. For my first time making this cake it turned out pretty decent. You have to be a lemon lover to enjoy because there is a strong lemon flavor as expected due to the lemon zest/pink lemonade combo.

Here is a look at the cake and the various cupcakes, enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment